Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Julian Cope and Social Butterflies

Bloggerdinas,

I have had a social weekend and although very pleasant has left me with a voice croakier than Kermit The Frog's grandfather and a permanent hangover larger than Miss Piggy's panties.

Last night I went to Victoria and Colin's (as in 'tale of two Vickies' Vic) place for some food.

V's friends H and G were there and their baby...Cleave. We ate some good food and laughed at ridiculously unfunny jokes...he he.

I have been advised to listen to Radio 6...I may even do it.

I had sobered up enough by the time mum took me home to do my nebulisers and IV antbiotics without putting myself in danger...I think.

Alcohol makes my late night physiotherapy session go quicker though.

Sunday saw Suzy C (my ex-neighbour and a former Radio 5 presenter) arrive for a visit. Her mum taught with Julian Cope's mum in Tamworth.

Suzy used to take us into the woods for adventures and den-building when we were about nine and she was an old and responsible 13!

Her and her hubby are friends of J.C and she was telling me all about his strange and wonderful life and works.

This is the same J.C as in band "The Teardrop Explodes" and hits "Try Try Try " and "World Shut Your Mouth" etc. How cool is that. Answer = very.

Apoligies to Mr P who came with some magazines for me at the same time!

I went to the Park Gate at lunchtime with the usual subjects. Mr and Mrs S had come back from a cruise to Guernsey, but had ended up in France!

Mr F came over this afternoon and we chatted about Mr and Mrs W, New Order and some other stuff lost in the mists of time.

I wanted to sleep all evening but had to do the village news for The Mercury and am now off to do more IV antibiotics.

The nurse is coming tomorrow with some fresh drugs to be injected...ooooh the fun!

Book: The Signalman - Charles Dickens

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    I have often wondered about hermits....they need bringing out of their shells....I hear a finger up the bum works for turtles! lol x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home