Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dad's Grave Stone and More Media-(ocre)

Blogheads,

Hello there. Sorry I have neglected you for a few days. I really must try harder, especially as from tomorrow I will have both hands back again!

I will be able to music myself and type at normal speeds etc etc etc It's been a strange few days (when has it not!)

I am in the newspapers again. I did a piece for The Post about a parish which is in financial problems after having no weddings there for a year - the first time this has happened in its history.

They gave me a byline but strangely tied it in with a picture of me at the plaque presentation (taken by Mr P...)

No cash in it for me, but at least a by-line for my cuttings. By-lines are useful for keeping my portfolio up to date for where I am jobhunting again.

There was a lot of strangeness about me writing the story, despite my condition, as part of the story....very odd...But it keeps me 'in view' je suppose!

Mr W was also in the paper for coming fifth in a rally! Well done Mr W! (I was his best man you know...remember that Mr W when you are in Formula One!)

The main news is that the Diocese have approved Dad's headstone...and we may even have it in place for the first anniversary of his death. (June 7th)

The local vicar did not want the Masonic emblem on the gravestone, despite allowing a pair of dumbells on the grave of a youngster in the same chuch yard.


.
A Masonic emblem...erm yesterday?!

Since the Masons actually use Lichfield Cathedral for a carol service every year and many of the Clergy belong I knew it would work out for the best.

It just needed a carefully worded letter to the Bishop to over-ride the vicar, who mislead us into thinking it was the Diocese that had the problem.

Mr M came to collect my MP3 diary for Radio WM - Sixteen episodes of the Life and Times of me, not unlike this blog.

I wrote a story about real-life ghostbusters in my Village News column in the paper last week and am now turning it into a feature for a different rag. Watch this space!

The BBC TV people may be coming again. This time they would like to film me going to a gig - with all my oxygen, drugs etc! I am going to see Tori Amos next month.

It's been one of those weeks where I have been trying to do 'normal' things. (Like I was ever normal!)So I have met both Vickies from 'Tale of Two Vickies' for coffee.

I went to the pub with the usual suspects on Sunday and on Wednesday with Mr H - the cricketers (and I use the word loosely were there) from CWCC.

I had a nice letter from Michael Fabricant MP. I had written to him to thank him for publisising the National Organ Donor Register.

Friday (that's today pop-pickers!) was a day of visiter. JB and BB came, as did CS and RS (Uncle 'D')...I bought some gorgeous vanilla scented candles.

Thanks for the text Miss LJS (This blog's favourite Londoner by yonks!) Yes sometimes the Mr S mentioned is your Dad. But there are also two other Mr S people, but I am sure you can work it out...he he.

Is the new Coldplay single just 'Clocks' with a new chorus? Try playing them both. See how right I am.

Music: Rufus Wainwright, KT Tunstell, strange mash-up of Eminem and the Theme From Pot Black (It works, honest it does!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home