Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Poked 'n' Prodded

Long day..We had to get up very early as car loaded with Newcastle stuff, urine samples (!) nebuliser (it needed servicing) my excess IV stuff and the BBC camera (in case we get the call)

My weight was stlightly down (good thing!) and my blowing was up (again!) It is bizarre, my lung capacity seems to be increasing very slowly. It was my best spirometry result for a year, and again, up a bit on last month.

Sooner of later it is going to go down. So the longer I can keep it going up for, the higher plateau they will have to fall from , the longest I can stay out of hospital, Comprendez?

It is a bit like the 100 metres world record. It keeps improving, but only by a tiny bit each time - but it is in the right direction!

My consultant is going to look into the side effects of my drugs to see which one is causing my skin to go red, flakey and blotchy in the sun (some sort of photosynthesis)

Just as we were leaving they called me on my mobile phone to ask me to come back for blood tests. At least I got to go to the front of the queue though.

I got a package of letters from my Korean friend from teenagers he teaches.

I will send them all a letter back and a little present. The only thing is I don’t know which ones are male and which are female.

Perhaps if I Google their Korean names it will help!

One said she was 'pretty'....hmmmm if I was Sherlock Homes I could deduce she was either female or his English wasn't up to scratch.

Korean boys always descibe themselves as 'handsome' and the girls as 'princesses'.

In fact 'Princess Syndrome' is an actual condition in Korea (fact!) I remember when I lived there that Koreans are the best people in the world for doing 'cute'.

The people are 'cute' the dogs are cute (the ones that aren't eaten anyway!) the writing paper is cute, the clothes are cute. EVERYTHING is cute! Princess heaven!

I went to my computer class last night. I am now working on designing a simple web site for a holiday firm….My mind wasn’t too focussed tonight, head ached!

I sent the CD of ‘Music To Be Transplanted By’ to Newcastle today. This included ‘Breathe Me’ by Sia, ‘The Air That I Breathe’ The Hollies and Pain Killer by Turin Brakes...

My cd-burning software is behaving again so Mr MH you will get your compilation in the next few days too!

It is Thursday afternoon and I am going to see Tori Amos tonight. Her last album bored me but I hear she is better live...

I have texted ahead to tell the Wolverhampton Civic manager I am coming, so the bouncers don't question my oxygen cylinders....

l8r!

Music: Fischerspooner
Book: Reporting Royalty – Jennie Bond (!)
`

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home