Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Another False Alarm...Tubthumping

Bloggeonettes,

It has been a roller-coaster of a day....

I had just got in from web design yesterday (Monday) (yes...hard to believe someone with this crap a blog studies eh?) when I got a call from Newcastle...9.30pm.

They had a pair of new lungs for me....

The ambulance car finally turned up at 11.15pm..to take mum and I to The Freeman Hospital....a distance he managed in about three-and-a-half hours...

Satellite nevigation rocks...

I had all the blood tests, health questions, probes and x-rays and it all looked good.

THEN at 4.30am I was told the lungs had been given to SOMEONE ELSE!

A man, who I met in x-ray, needed heart and lungs and both were healthy in the donor...and he (the recipient) was in worse condition than me...so he had them....

We had an uncomfortable night while BB and JB drive to our house from Brum, picked up a liquid oxygen cannister and drove up to Newcastle....

We all left about 1.30pm and got home 6pmish...shattered, let down and empty....

But in the words of Chumawamba's Tubthumping 'I get knocked down....but I get up again..'

Last year I had a false alarm on a Thursday (during a dinner party while Chantelle was staying) I had another one the following Monday....

Perhaps this will be my week after all....

(I tried to text as many of you as I could but I wasn't really meant to use my phone in hospital....)

Click here to e-mail me

Click here to see my photos

My new website is under construction....take a look at http://www.angelfire.com/indie/marksucks

Music: Offspring, Stevie Wonder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home