Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, June 18, 2007

Its a Hard Knott life




Hello Bloggettes,

I hope by now you have checked out my weekly blog on the Widnes World newspaper website - if not then shame on you and all who sail in you...

I played table tennis on Wednesday lunchtime for the first time since the lungs started rejecting - it was only for 40 minutes, but I felt good for having done it.

The next day was an open evening at the local TT club at Halton Stadium - so I gave it a go. I was paired with a 12-year-old, they didn't tell me he was also an England youth player. Doh!

An hour later I sat in the changing room, and sat....and sat.....and then the same in the sauna. About an hour later I was recovered enough to drive home.

I had Friday off because Sarah was coming over - in the end her train didn't get in til about 7pm. I cooked my favourite steamed fish and veg stuff and we just vegged. I tried to persuade her to go for last orders somewhere...But the Friday Night Project was on TV!

We were off to Cumbria (no don't ask why she came all the way down from Newcastle for a night, before we went back up the country to Cumbria, it's a long story!)

The place was near Scafell Pike, Boot, and was a well dodgy trek across country down 'unsuitable for cars' tracks and the steepest road in England. (The Hard Knott pass)


I was very tense when I arrived. The pic above is of Eskdale, near where we were staying. (Yes it IS high with very steep drops each side of the road)

We drove to the hotel CLICK FOR LINK and were picked up with the other guests about 2pm to be drive to the church in the middle of nowhere for the wedding. It was an Anglo/Sri Lankan affair....

Then the do was in Ravenglass a cute fishing village and Sarah and I were part of just one table of 'friends' - the others were relatives. I don't think Cumbria has seen so many Sri Lankans!

I am really a friend of a friend of the bride and was S's (plus one) and had only met her once!

It was nice to meet some new lively people and get some fresh air. I didn't feel much like taking it though after a night of Magners, Champagne Pimms and red wine (together at last!)

I had to drop Sarah off at Manchester so we went through Windermere. had lunch and looked at some swans - before heading back to reality. (Ouch!)

The photographer is putting the pics from the do on-line as are several other people, so I should get some pics on the site soon...

When I went swimming this morning I think I was still sweating Champagne - well that's MY excuse why the water went all bubbly when I got it!

A bientot

CLICK for my pics

CLICK for my myspace site

CLICK to email me


PS: People have asked why the tunes I created haven't been updated for while. Well I have been without my laptop for a few weeks. But I have ordered a new one now...Patience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home