Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, June 11, 2007

Six Nation State


Hello Peoples,
I went to a posh dinner party at Rebecca's in Manchester on Thuesday - one of the guests was a doctor who knew my consultants in Brum and worked with CF patients in Manchester - small world (but I wouldn't want to paint it!)
It was the third anniversay of dad's death so it was good to get out!

Well I had planned to do nothing at the weekend - to try and continue my recovery from the shingles....which has left me a bit drained...

I went to the gym on Saturday at the stadium for my physio - it has been revamped and is lovely sparkly and new.... Everything smells like a new car.

I certainly knew I hadn't been doing exercise for a couple of weeks. Never mind. No I am not infectious I will try and swim this week.

Five months after moving to Cheshire I actually met my neighbours - who invited me for a beer at the front of the house - very sociable...

I then went to town in my eternal quest to find a rug for my lounge - no luck. I always get cold feet at the last moment before shelling out...

In the evening I went to Chester Racecourse to see a showcase of bands including Hot Club De Paris (rubbish) Vincent Vincent & The Villans (ok) Six Nation State (excellent) and Landaus (good)..

It made me realise the band order was all wrong with the best bands seemingly supporting the mediocre ones...

I am at thay difficult age where I would feel uncomfortable moshing with the kids, but am not old enough to just stand at the bar and feel cool...

I was there with Dave (an old college chum) and the Chester massive (!) - ooh look at me talking like a yooof.

There was Rebeccah, John, Rachel, Kempes and Amy (who is a lovely PR for the Oswestry Food and Drink Festival)

There was also a v.drunk Liza there - who is always very funny after a few drinks.

We ended up in an private members club called 'Politic' ran by someone called Neville Sidebottom - who is younger thatn his age suggests.

The problem is that I am feeling my age. My pedometer reading shows that I did virtually nothing on Sunday. A night drinking punished me for days!

After driving back to Wides I just lay down on my bed, too hot and hungover to sleep and too tired to do anything....

CLICK TO SEE MY PICS
CLICK TO SEE MY MYSPACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home